- 1In a large bowl, mix together yolks and sugar, while still whisking, add milk
- 2Carefully fold in whipped egg whites. (It's better to use a spoon rather than a whisk.)
- 3Add and mix the melted butter and the vanilla.
- 4In another large bowl, mix the sieved flour, cocoa powder, and the baking powder.
- 5Form a little well in the middle and pour the milk and eggs mixture. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- 6Mix in the chopped chocolate. Let the batter sit for 15-20 minutes.
- 7To make the ganache, in a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream, without letting it boil.
- 8Take off the heat, mix with the chocolate chips until perfectly smooth.
- 9Over low to medium heat, pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of pancake batter on a well-oiled pan.
- 10When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook it for a minute on the other side.
- 11When the pancakes are ready, pour the chocolate ganache on top. (If the ganache has hardened while you were making the pancakes, you can microwave it for 15-20 seconds.)
- 12Garnish with raspberries. Enjoy !
The Secret to Perfect Choco Pancakes Recipe
Who doesn’t fancy a rich chocolate flavour? For this recipe, cocoa powder, chocolate and chocolate chips are used to make sure that it is packed with choco goodness. What makes this evenmore awesome is the use of Dutch Lady Chocolate Flavoured Milk in this recipe, making the pancakes flurry, delicious and nutritious.
While the choco pancakes recipe may seem a bit daunting, it is a beginner’s level recipe. You can have thick, fluffy and delicious chocolate pancakes ready in under 30 minutes.
Try this easy recipe with the following steps and satisfy the inner chocoholic in you or your child. You surely do not want to miss this recipe for a healthy start to your morning.